For More Info Log on to www.rtigroup.org

Google Groups Subscribe to RTI Group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Some resigned, others vow to fight it out : RTI plea..

Times Of India Delhi; Date:2007 Jan 06; Section:Times City; Page Number 2, Tanushree Roy Chowdhury | TNN: Nithari: The toughest task for a mother is to accept that her child is no more. No amount of assurance or monetary compensation can ever fill the vacuum in the lives of the victims’ families.
Jatin Sarkar, who found his missing daughter Pinki’s clothes from D-5, is thinking of returning to his native place in West Bengal. He would use the compensation amount for funding the education of Pinki’s two-year-old son Amit. ‘‘Pinki wanted Amit to go to a school so that he can lead a respectable life. My wife hasn’t yet come to terms with the fact that our daughter is no more,’’ said Sarkar.
But some will stay back to fight for justice. Aloki and Gopal Haldar’s twoyear search for their 13-year-old daughter Bina Haldar came to an end when accused Surendra confessed to have killed her, and her partially burnt clothes were found from the rags. Demanding severe punishment for the accused, Aloki said: ‘‘I have stayed here for the past 10 years. I have my daughter’s memories everywhere in the house. I would not leave this place, at least not unless I get justice for her. There is no point in making a temple in their name now.’’
Similar were the demands of Sonia Bibi, mother of Raja, who was given the compensation amount. ‘‘Can this money get back my murdered son? I seek justice for him. I have spent sleepless nights searching and waiting for my son since the past two years. I have been through the pain of identifying his clothes. I want a permanent residence here where my son was born and later murdered,’’ she demanded.
Pappu Lal, who lost her daughter, wants the authorities to build a temple built at the spot where D-5 stands. ‘‘Surendra recognised Rachna and told the exact date and day that he killed her. I had practically become insane searching for her after her disappearance. I want that house to be broken so that my daughter’s soul is freed and a temple be built so that all those who suffered like her can rest in peace,’’ said Pappu Lal.

RTI plea seeks info on NCW follow-up
Noida: Social activist retired Commodore Lokesh Batra has filed an application, under the Right to Information Act, seeking details from the National Commission for Women (NCW) on its follow-up after it started receiving complaints about the missing Nithari children last year.
Batra has also sought details of documents and file notings from the NCW principal information officer.
As earlier reported in this paper, the NCW had, on August 30, summoned the then Noida police chief, Piyush Mordia, asking him to explain what action had been taken on missing children in Nithari. TNN

No comments: