For More Info Log on to

Google Groups Subscribe to RTI Group
Browse Archives at

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Using Post Offices to Submit RTI Applications

From: C N Kumar
I wanted to send an RTI application to the Railways and the Civil Aviation Department both of which are based outside Bangalore and are under the Central Government.
I remembered what Mr Veeresh Malik had told me earlier and did the following:
1. I went to the GPO along with my RTI application which had the name and full address of the PIO and remitted a sum of Rs 10 to account UCR-miscellaneous ( Unclassified Receipts- Miscellaneous). You can do this at any designated head post office.
2. I affixed the receipt for Rs 10 to the RTI application and handed it into the APIO at GPO.
3. She acknowledged my application and has agreed to send me a copy of the letter forwarding my application.
4. The application will be sent free by the P&T Department by registered post.
I thought I would share this with you so that you can adopt the procedure.
Best regards
C N Kumar
Advantage Offshore Knowledge Services Private Limited
1st Floor, "Poornima"
25, Madras Bank Road,
(Opposite State Bank of India)
Bangalore 560001
Phone @ work: 91-80-25550834,91-80-25585883
Fax @ work: 91-80-25550833
Mobile: 91-98440-56666
Web page:
Phone @home: 91-80-26573636,91-80-26572020

No comments: